Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tuesday night's yoga class was a blast. We spent a lot of time with weight on the arms and getting up and down. Built up a lot of heat!

Typical to history, I got about 5.5 hours of sleep for Wednesday morning and it took a lot to get out of bed for BodyPump. I stuck with my usual warm up weight. For the squat track I went up to 30kg in plates and I would up cheating on some reps. I also went up for the chest track to 25kg which was very tough. The back/glute/ham track was a challenge at this weight as well. Overall the session was hard and it felt good to work hard and be sore all day.

Got 8 hrs of sleep last night and only felt a little tired by the end of the workday. Ran late and got only 5 minutes of warm up before kettlebell class.

Kb warm up was run a lap, side stepovers for lap, which I skipped, so I did jumping jacks. Finished with 2 laps of farmer's walk with a partner. Shared the carry with Art (2x53#)

1st set was 6 rounds of 50 swings/50 rope skips. Used a 53# bell but only got started on round 5 before we moved on.

2nd set was a partner workout, stayed paired with Art. Alternated between a double waiter's hold with 35s and 10 to 1 snatches, R&L. Felt strong throughout. Viv told me my snatches are looking good.

Last workout was 1 to 10 burpee-deadlifts. Ouch. The pushups beat me up. Last set was shitty.

Finished the night on the spin bike. Felt strong. Finished the work with 5 minutes out of the saddle at a good cadence.

The weather forecast is promising and I'm predicting some mileage in the next week.

No comments: