Saturday, April 9, 2011

It finally got warm enough for me to haul my sissy ass out for a bike ride. My short out and back route is now permanently .2 miles shorter thanks to the local grocery kingpin. The town gratuitously kissed his ass and re-routed traffic to make life easier for the guys that drive the hordes of tyson chicken-hauling tractor trailers into his warehouse, but I digress.

I reckon all my landmarks are 40 seconds closer now. I hit the turnaround at about 30 minutes which is still pretty quick. I lost some time on the inbound leg and I'll blame it on some headwind. The whole ride was a hurtfest but worth it. Interesting note. The saddle and crankarms felt weird as hell after spinning a damn 70lb fixed flywheel for the last 5 months.

I dumped my ride data as soon as I got in the door and it made me pretty happy. 186 watts average for the ride, 207 watts NP. 20 minute average was 199w, 212 NP. For some reason I have no HR channel, I'll have to look over the setup instructions.

Went over to the gym afterward for a little recovery and weights. Did ~25 minutes on a rower and then some dips and squats with Jim.

No comments: