Monday, April 11, 2011

Felt pretty cooked on Sunday and I skipped yoga class in favor of an easy recovery ride in the afternoon. The only problem is, the weather turned sour and I didn't get out. I did spend several quality hours in front of the 58 inch plasma playing Gran Turismo 5 and watched the entire Paris-Roubaix coverage.

Today I spent about an hour on the spinner as a warm up with a couple intervals to wake me up, and I needed that bad. Started the kb workout with 300 swings with as many as possible in a row. Every time you put the bell down you needed to do 5 burpees. I really despise those so I wanted to do as many as possible straight through. Using a 35# for the whole thing, I did 240 straight in the 1st set and the remaining 60 in a 2nd set so I only had to do 5 burpees. Go me.

It started raining so we dragged the bells inside to continue.

2nd workout was a ladder from 5 to 10 of clean and presses, right and left.

3rd was 5 rounds of 5 reps R/L swing,snatch,press squat.

Good workout, hard.

I ordered a 20kg bell on Saturday from AgainFaster.com, it'll be here tomorrow. Looking forward to doing high pulls and snatches with that baby.

No comments: