Friday, April 15, 2011

short climbing route by fleshbroiler at Garmin Connect - Details

Sunny, windy and chilly day today but the next 6 are supposed to be gray, rainy and dismal so it had to suffice. I stopped by Jim's place to drag him along and we headed out to Guilderland to find a good staging point. We parked at the Capital Care offices on the corner of Carman Rd and Old State Rd and headed out.

In short, lots of wind. I forgot how much cold air tears my lungs up. I was slow as hell today (15.1 avg speed over 21.2 miles) and my power was on the low side
(sort of) 161 watts avg, 200 NP. 817 kj expended. Shit I better lose weight...

Jim was great, really strong. He sprinted off for about a mile and if he hadn't backed off I wouldn't have seen him again. The hills were ass-kickers, I hope Jim enjoyed them.

I called Saris about the dead HR channel and its most likely the strap. Certainly was not working today which is too bad because I'm curious what the pump was turning to get up to the top of Old State.

Now its 10:30 pm and I can't stop thinking about breakfast tomorrow.

Untitled by fleshbroiler at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments: