Thursday, July 30, 2009

2 weeks elapsed...



Two weeks since I realized (again) that I've been growing sloppy about my eating and exercise habits. I guess snacking for me is like smoking. I could never stop at one so the only way to control it is to avoid it.

My goal was to lose 10lbs in 30 days. I lost ~ 5lbs in the 1st week so I thought this was going to be a snap, but I've been wrong before and it looks like it will be the case again. My weight hovered up and down a bit and I end week two exactly where I was a week ago, at 229.5. This isn't a horrible thing, as I have stayed on a generally reduced calorie "diet" and I haven't snacked or binged at all. My weekly mileage on the bike is up around a hundred and I saw some encouraging power numbers last night, 173 watts avg, 192watts NP and I didn't feel ragged when I got finished. Heavy rain and a late start had me quit a lap early and the PT malfunctioned due to wet contacts.

I didn't hit the weights as planned, so that is an area for improvement, nor did I do any running. I still want to set the 2nd rack up in the garage and keep the rollers there for more experimentation. Maybe I'll try and fit a set of roller bumpers to the frame a la the e-motion rig.

A quick note about the pic. Wednesday night Iain wanted to run on the MHBW, so we did the usual thing from SCCC. He did 5k out at race pace, then an
easy run back. I went easy/moderate out to the 6m turn around then came back hard. Outbound leg in 22:30, back in 20:00 (17.3). Had to slow down a lot for pedestrians, so I'm still pretty happy with the return leg. Once I finished the inbound hard effort I did some easy spinning back and forth until Iain got back to the car. The max effort pictured was a middle ring spring up the hill from the 890 Jct.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.