Friday, July 17, 2009

New goals

So I stepped on the scales this morning at got slapped in the face. I've let my weight creep back up to 235. I can point to several areas where I've gotten lazy that have contributed this, so I'll start my goals there.

Diet: I've gotten bad about late night snacking and binge snacking. This must end. The first thing I did after I had the stent put in was to stop eating anything after 9 pm. I lost weight while I obeyed this rule, so I need to develop some self-control and abide by this.

Diet goals:
[1] No snacking after 9.
[2] No binge snacking ever.
[3] Lose 10 lbs in 30 days.
[4] Reduce caffeine intake.

Workouts:
I've gotten lazy about doing planned cardio and weight training. A good deal of this comes from putting things in my schedule that don't allow training as easily. Because I'm fencing 2x weekly and am often too tired and hungry to workout after class I need to watch my schedule more carefully. A convenient fix is to train in the morning before work but to do it I need to be able to get up earlier and well-rested.

Training:
[4] Get to bed no later than 12
[5] Get at least 30 minutes in before work.

Accountability:
I stopped weighing myself and logging it because I'd get depressed about lack of progress. Going backward is worse.
[6] Resume daily or weekly weigh ins, log results.
[7] Don't get too hung up on numbers.

Detailed planning:
Develop a set of cycling goals (power, time, distance)
Develop a set of lifting goals (prs, aggregates)
Develop a set of running goals(distance, time, speed)
Develop some body mod goals (weight, waist size, BMI)

This is day 2 of yet another new beginning. No snacking last night.



No comments: