Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Game time.

Had my first weigh in with Judy today and it wasn't pretty. 239. F%@K@!

She cautioned that it may not be a 6lb fat gain, the sugar causes a lot of bloating so it may be a lot of water. We'll see. We talked a lot about the effects of eating crappy after having been fairly clean and also some strategies for getting past the impulse eating. It worked today and tonight. More on this later.

I took yesterday off entirely so I missed Fran. I'm planning on making that up on Saturday. This morning we worked up to a 1RM squat. Really, the 20 minutes available for this just isn't enough for me to be comfortable pushing the limit, so I warmed up with doubles and singles to the weights I hit last week for reps and took a single at 415. That made for a 5lb PR and I called it quits there. Saving everything I have available for the end of the challenge.   

The wod felt pretty horrible but not as bad as the other day:

5 rounds of
{
     10 T2B (or anything up on the bar)
     10 Power snatch (75/55)
     10 wall balls (20/14)
}

I only scaled the T2B, swing my legs up to (mostly) parallel. Finished in ~ 12 minutes. Not quite thoroughly shattered however, added a 2k cool down row at ~2:30 pace, pretty slow and some practice pulls up to 315. Not feeling any deadlift love yet.

I still need to take "before" pics and measure my neck, waist & hips. Height and weight are already determined. 

I've also added something to my 2013 To Do list. I've signed up for a goruck challenge, set for April 20 in Albany. Really looking forward to doing this with some of the ACF buddies.

Had a decent bench session tonight. Worked up to another triple, this week at 238. Rep 3 was pretty damn ugly but I got it. That computes to roughly a 262 1RM. 

Tomorrow is the 10k row, so I need to refuel and recharge.

No comments: