Monday, March 28, 2011

You hear many fitness experts go on about the importance of rest and recovery. I know this well, but seldom apply this like I ought to. In my last post I mentioned how much I was looking forward to Sunday's yoga class...

Heh. As soon as my eyes opened yesterday I knew the likelihood of actually getting there was pretty low. Basically, I wanted to get the grocery shopping trip out of the way, get some breakfast and take a nap. Mission accomplished, yikes. And holy crap was my appetite fired up. Call me Galactus. Google it if you're not a Marvel fan.

I was a bit concerned about today's work out given the quantity of hummus I ate yesterday, but thankfully things quieted down before getting on the spin bike. For the second week in a row, some skinny wench beat me to my favorite bike. I'll have to try and get there by 4:45. Rode from around 5:10 until 6:00 and pushed pretty hard.

K'Bell class was a blast as usual. Warm up was alternating ball slams (15) and air squats. If you've never done ball slams, you're missing out on a real treat. As a cyclist, the term sounds like and unfriendly union of crotch and top tube, but in reality the pain is all (well, mostly) upper body.

Started off the real fun with 5 rounds of 2H swings alternating with kb burpees. Used 55# bells for this.

Then we did more snatching. 10R/10L, but alternating L/R every rep, which was nice. In between we did swings, 20 to 50 in jumps of 10. Used a 35# bell.

Finished up with tabata rounds (8) of goblet squats. Stuck with a 35# bell.

Found out another kettlebeller (Mark) is a new roadie. Between he and Josh, maybe I'll be able to recruit some new training partners.

No comments: