Thursday, March 24, 2011

Holy Crap, that hurts.

Monday's kettlebell class was fairly taxing and I decided not to do any additional work after yoga class. Tuesday's class was really good, but not terribly taxing.

BodyPump went well on Wednesday and while certain things are always very challenging, at the end I didn't feel as wrung out as I was in the beginning. I have to remember to bring something to take notes on the weights I'm using. The new bicep track is really hard and I was really sweating through it. I seem to think I used 22kg on the bar (10kg+1kg plates), but I'm not sure and there's no way I could have handled more. The lunge track is always a disaster so I guess I should do more of those.

Hell's Bells.

Managed a good 15 minutes of spinning before kb class. We did warm ups outside. The program for the men was swing/run/squat. I only ran once (2 laps) and on the 2 repeats I stuck with jumping jacks. Swings were 25/25/10 with a 53# bell.

Another long snatch workout tonight and I made it harder than it had to be. Was supposed to do 10 to 1 ladders of L/R snatches with double overhead hold while the partner snatched. I didn't catch the ladder part, so I just did sets of 10 until discovered my ignorance, about 8 rungs later.

Finished up with alternating swings and front squats; 25 swings/set, 2 sets russian, 2 american (only). Then off to spin class.

This has been going something like this; I need maybe 10 minutes of easy spinning to recover from kb class then I can ratchet up the effort. By the time I'm working really hard I'm ready to punch the leader for whooping and not knowing how to structure intervals and doing other stupid shit.

Since I moved the saddle back a bit, my left knee has been feeling better. Can't wait for this cold weather to GTF out so I can ride outdoors.

No comments: