Thursday, February 17, 2011

Where'd my lung go?

Pleasant little change of pace tonight with the kettlebells. We didn't do any pressing, only swinging. I only had about 10 minutes to spin before class started, so I wasn't very well warmed up. Warm up alternating ball slams and air squats, that is to say, do air squats for as long as your partner is slamming his ball. I got paired up with a younger (and larger) dude, and a 30 lb medicine ball. The ball slam sets went 5/10/15/20. The last set sucked and I'm pretty sure I shredded a lung except there was no bloody froth.

The rest of the night was a wind-sucking blur, but I'm pretty sure we did:

a ladder of 2 arm swings (5/10/15/20/25/30) alternating with 6 goblet squats, performing a front kick after the squat, so 3 left/3 right;

a ladder of 1 to 10 reps, 2 arm, 1 arm swing, 1 arm high pull (each side);

6 x 1 minute sets of alternating russian and american swings.

This was easily the hardest workout I've had in this class yet. I even took an extra 5 minutes to chill out before hitting the spin class. I think I tanked out of energy so maybe its time to fuel up better before these tougher nights. At least I'm not hurting now, 3 hours later.



No comments: