Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Another year is drawing to a close and it's time to focus on the upcoming one.  I have a couple of things planned for the new year and I'll use this post to start declaring some others.

My current weight is 232. I'm not happy about this as I've fought over this territory several times before. I'm still working with Judy Torel and I will definitely be continuing. My weight loss goal is to get to 12% body fat then re-evaluate. Judy calculated this at 209 lbs. I want to be at that weight or lower by May. To help get there I will continue to keep a food and exercise journal. I'll try to add interesting benchmarks here as often as I can.

I have committed to doing the Tough Mudder in May. I'll be ready. My two co-conspirators had better be as well! 

I've also entered the ACF/CCP 90 Day Challenge. 
     Benchmark WODs:
  •     Fran(95/65)Scaled(55/35)
  •     1 RM Snatch
  •     7 minute AMRAP Burpees
  •     10k Row
  •     1 RM Squat

Some other 2013 Crossfit goals:
  • Pull ups. I want them. I will have them.
  • Rope skipping. I look like a spazz now. I will master this.
  • Oly Lifts. Mine suck because I don't practice them. I respect these and I want better numbers. I will dedicate training time and improve them. I want my 1 RM numbers > my body weight for each lift.
  • Current rowing PRs are 10k/46:55, 5k/22:10, 2k/8:06. Goals are; under 40/under 20/under 7:30. 
  • Improve the quality and frequency of the mobility work I perform.

General fitness:
  • 5 hours of cardio/week! 
  • Hit certain areas daily as able that may be excluded in wods, accessory work, etc such as...
  • triceps, abs, posterior chain.

Powerlifting:
  • Please no injuries. Please.
  • Bench Press. PR is currently 245 and am ready for at least 250. Goal is 300 for a single.
  • Squat. PR is currently 410. Goal is 450 at a body weight < 210.
  • Deadlift. PR is currently 440. Goal is 500 for a single, 455 for a triple and no hamstring injuries of any kind. Please.

Cycling:
  • 20 minute average power > 240 watts.
  • Sub 5 minute ascent of Lainhart Rd.
  • 9 lap TT at NYS Campus < 60 minutes.

That ought to do it for now. If you were here and read this, please leave a comment. 

2 comments:

Sonya said...

I think your goals are very doable. Are you still working Westside? I really liked tough murder last year and would do it again. Interested in some cooperative cardiovascular in the snow, a La XCSki and the like?

Andy said...

Westside, not exactly although still powerlifting 1 day/week. Oh Hell Yes on the cardio!