Thursday, September 13, 2012

I need to get caught up here between workouts. To recap:

Last Thursday's kb amrap. I was smoked from the morning wod and I barely got 12 rounds in. 20kg for 5/5/5/5: R/L press,R/L snatch. Previously I got 13 + 10 and 13 + 16. Although I claimed to have gotten 15 rounds with Amir one night, I suspect that represents an off-by-one error.

Tuesday's strength session at Cutting Edge; I worked only on my bench as I got some impromptu coaching. I warmed up with:


95 x 5 x 2
115 x 5 x 1
135 x 5 x 1

Work sets:

144 x 3
163.5 x 3
185 x 5

Singles:

205
220
230 (PR)
240 - miss, blown bar path.

Worked on high arch, foot position closer to bar end of bench to support the arch, bend bar down/up during eccentric (down)/concentric (up) phases, lowering bar slowly to the solar plexus. 

This week we've been doing a sequence of wods with opposite gender partners. Today we 15 minutes to get to 1RMs of DL/Squat/O-head press (5 minutes each). Short version: get sweaty,partner up,grab plates and...it didn't go too bad. Ran out of time on the DL & squat, getting 365/345 with seconds left. So, bonus points for me for going 365 and not ripping anything and also, the squat felt super. Went very deep, no bounce and came up out of the hole quick and strong. Today makes me very optimistic for a 400lb+ squat very soon.

Tonight the kb amrap went better than it has in a while, 14 rounds + 5. No idea what day 4 of the throwdown is yet, not posted. As long as it doesn't have a run, I'm good.

No comments: