Thursday, June 9, 2011

So far no riding this week. We've had some ferocious thunderstorms that got in the way Tuesday and Wednesday. Saw a pic Shye posted of the team just before the start of the ride Sunday and I'm not happy with way my middle is looking. I have to get my overeating under control.

Monday's kettlebell class was really good, but I cant remember what we did. I was running late so I missed my spin warm up.

Wednesday BodyPump was good as well, except I faded hard during the shoulder and ab tracks. This after going light for squats (22kg), chest (22kg) and triceps (16kg). I went up for the B/G/H track to 30kg and while it was really hard I got all the way through. What I found the most alarming was the ammonia stink I was rocking. Maybe I just didn't have a sufficient carbo-payload, which also explains crapping out. Next week I'll make sure I boost the carb intake Wednesday morning.

Tonight's kettlebell class was hard as hell. Viv was away and Dean ran class. We started with 5 minutes of alternating 25 swings with 5 windmills on each side. Used a 20kg bell for this. The windmill was new and I had had some range of motion issues initially but as I warmed up I also found some hip flexibility. I like this move a lot.

Next we did 20 reps of TGUs (16kg). Fantastic! I hope we do this more.

Then, 15 minutes of...
3 one hand swings,
3 high pulls,
3 snatches,
3 overhead squats (similar corkscrew/hip stretch as the windmill)
farmer's walk with hands turned out, ouch. As in this is farging hard. Used 16kg throughout

and finishing with 5 minutes of...
3 swings/6 thrusters. died here. Started with double 16kgs, went down to 1, just didn't have the ass to get in all the squats.


No comments: