Saturday, January 19, 2008

Back on track

Had a pretty decent ride today and my previous ride was encouraging as well. My goals were 2 intervals above 200 watts at least 10 minutes each. Last time the 2x 10s went well (209/209 wattts), and tonight I stretched those out to around 12:30 each. Actually they wound up being 2x 4 miles at 209/206 watts. PE for both workouts was high, around 9.

My leg is getting better but it's not ready for me to run on it. I still have plenty of time though to build up to 4 or 5 miles before the triathlon season kicks off. I'll have to be careful while fencing as that tends to aggravate things a bit. Hopefully I won't need any PT. I really can't squat or deadlift either until it's fully healed.

I think the reduced dose of the beta-blocker and avoiding under fueling has successfully addressed those fatigue/dizziness issues. Now if I can stay healthy and injury-free I can concentrate on training and dropping some more weight.

No comments: