Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I really enjoyed this morning's WOD.


1. Push Press, 4 x 6
2. 10 rounds for time
    5 handstand push ups, scaled to a. get upside down, b. 8 hand-release push ups
    10 American KB swings (24kg)


I held back just a bit on the push presses as I want to have good shoulders for tomorrow's bench session.


I've met with Jim R. and Chris D twice and really had great workouts.
Week 1: 5x5 @180, finishing with board presses and db presses.
Week 2: 5x3 @185, finishing with floor presses (?) and tricep ext/rows. 
I need to write down the content of the works sets! Jim is working up a schedule to build towards some big singles. I'm looking to top out over 250 at the end of the next couple of cycles and hit 300 in the early fall.


I went over 300# doing triples and doubles in the back squat last Thursday and felt very good. I could use more depth and I should set up the GoPro to analyze my depth and posture coming out of the hole. Based on how I felt after a good warm up and topping out at 335, I think a 1 rep max around 400 is possible.


All continues to go well with the diet. last Friday's check in with Judy went like this, down a total of 10 lbs, but lean muscle mass is up 10 lbs. So I've shed 20 lbs of fat. 







No comments: