Monday, February 18, 2008

Dismal cycling results

To make a long story short, my performance on the bike has sucked. My power numbers have declined steadily since 1/29. I tried resting a bit but my power tonight was horrible and my legs started burning less than 15 minutes into my workout. Maybe the effort I've put in fencing and playing lacrosse is preventing me from pushing harder. I'm fairly concerned about this but not sure whether I should be resting, pushing, seeking medical advice or ignoring the numbers. I'm waiting to see what things are going to feel like on the road in a few weeks.

Fencing went pretty well this week. We bouted all night on Thursday using the electric gear, then had an extra practice Friday. Saturday we fenced in a non-sanctioned team tournament. We got housed but we had fun and our coach took 1st in team epee with two of his old buddies.

Last night's lacrosse game was a blast. We were a little short handed so we played 5 on 5 full field with 1 sub each. Running full field wore me down a lot faster but my recovery wasn't bad. Had a lot of trouble catching the ball. No in game injuries though and my joints feel pretty decent today.


1 comment:

Todd said...

Andy: Move your seat back 5/8 of an inch. I think that might fix it.